Monday, January 30, 2006

All These Things That I've Done, by The Killers


It's still early to realize the effects this song will have in popular culture or at least in MY personal popular culture. I walk the streets of my neighbourhood, the iPod is playing this song over and over (just like the lyrics say) and I can't stop thinking how good it gets everytime. Maybe it will be the sort of song only I will enjoy and will become my personal anthem in years to come, just like "Jellybelly" by the Smashing Pumpkins or "Freeloader" by Throwing Muses have. Brandon Flowers's guitar and his voice repeating, then the gospel choir kicking in: "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier". Yes, I ain't no soldier and yes, I do have a soul. Just like when Kristin Hersh sang: "I'm headed for the trees, over there. If that's not a destination, I don't care". Sometimes I'm rather misunderstood because of what I consider a great pop song...

No comments: