Saturday, January 27, 2007

Enjoy The Silence, as performed by Tori Amos


Sometimes I let you fall asleep. I make you think I'm sleeping too. The music has stopped, there's no one home but you and me. The TV's off. Sometimes we skip school and end up in my place. Sometimes I let you fall asleep. You sleep placing your head on my shoulder. You smile all the time while you're sleeping. And I listen to nothing else but your breath-in, breath-out. When you fall asleep, with your head on my chest it is as if my breath-in, breath-out would lull you. I wish I could see you sleeping all the time, but sooner or later you discover I'm watching you and you say: "Let yourself go". And I can't do anything else but following you. Sometimes I let you fall asleep and say to myself: "All I ever wanted, all I ever needed is here in my arms".

No comments: