Saturday, July 01, 2006

Tattva, by Kula Shaker


The excitement when Grandma gave me my birthday money. April 1997, my thirteenth birthday. And I only had one goal in mind. Go to the record store and find that album in which that song that reminded me to "Strawberry Fields Forever" was included. K by Kula Shaker. It was the first record I bought consciously. My unlce had given me the year before Björk's Post, but for the first time I was going to spend my money in a record. The begining of my passion. So, there I was at my home, listening to it at full volume. I didn't know exactly what their influences were, I only knew that they sounded Beatles-like in certain songs. I only knew that after that, my life would change drastically. I only knew that when Crispian Mills sang: "Like a flower and a scent of summer (...) Well the truth may come in strange disguises, never knowing what it means" a tiny door opened inside my head. And music was never the same for me. It made me want to know more, why did they sound like that? why using Hindu influences? why?

3 comments:

Manolo said...

por esos tiempos no podía dejar de escuchar Govinda...
por estos tiempos no puedo dejar de escuchar govinda
tengo el sencillo, me vuelve loco.

Ernesto said...

Ya le agregué el video a tu post, tocayo. La próxima vez, búscale tantito!

"Un esfuerzo más, franceses..."

Lidia said...

curiosamente ayer estba escuchando ese disco.