Sunday, May 07, 2006

Monologue for an old true love, by Isobel Campbell


Scottish chanteuse Isobel Campbell gave a concert in the city of Bergen on Saturday. As I'm spending some days in the countryside of Norway I missed the concert. But I can't complain. I'll go back to Bergen tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it that much. It's been lovely to be here, hyking in the mountains and drinking the fresh water that runs down the rivers.

I don't know if I had too much fresh air but I got ill today. So I have spent the day laying in bed, feeling homesick, feeling happy, going from one state of mind to another. Learning what it is to be loved again. And still...

And still your spirit comes to me
You were the one for life
You brightened up the sun for me
Even through all the fights

No comments: