Friday, February 03, 2006

You Were Right, by Badly Drawn Boy


I remember I thought this song was the new track by the Flaming Lips when it came out in may or so 2002. It took me few weeks to realize who was it. Just like with "Badhead", it was one of the darkest mornings ever in my life. Another bloody school day. High school and the feeling I was going to be trapped there for the rest of my days. So I turned the radio on, as usual. I still was half-sleep and I suddenly began to listen closely to the lyrics. I thought they were funny, very funny, but clever and touching. I stepped out of bed, smoked a cigarrette, went to take a bath and had a fine day, all in all. It made me recover my faith in mankind. Ah, the power of a good pop song.

3 comments:

Ernesto Sandoval said...

ok, Argel puede necesitar un curso de HTML, pero yo necesito un curso básico de loquesea. No pude poner el título de la canción cursivas. AYUDA!!!!

grabiel said...

antes de la palabra/título pones uno de estos: <, en medio una "i", luego cierras con el >. y después pones lo mismo, pero con una / antes de la i.

(lo explico de esta forma porque esta ventana lee html).

¿a esto te referías?

salud.

ira said...

Es increíble el parecido de nuestra experiencia con esta canción.
Yo pensé exactamente lo mismo cuando la escuché.
Saludos.